- What will the hours be for your stores?
- How will the stores be cleaned and disinfected?
- Will there be limits to the number of people in the stores?
- Will social distancing rules be in effect?
- Will all staff and patrons be required to wear a mask?
- I love your online stores. Will I still be able to shop online?
- Are you still accepting donations?
- Has your merchandise been disinfected?
- Will your fitting rooms be open?
• Jamaica Plain— Now Open!
- Monday–Saturday from 10 AM–6 PM
- Sunday: Closed.
- Donations: 11 AM–5 PM
• Central Square — Now Open!
- Senior Shopping: Monday–Friday from 10 AM–11 AM
- Regular Shopping: Monday–Friday from 11 AM–6 PM
- Saturday: 10 AM–6 PM
- Sunday: Closed
- Donations: Wednesday-Saturday between 11 AM – 4 PM
All donations should come to the back door off of Norfolk Avenue.
• South End — Opening on Friday, October 23
- Regular Shopping: Tuesday – Saturday from 11 AM–6 PM
- Donations: Tuesday – Saturday between 11 AM–5 PM
We will be following the guidance from the CDC using EPA approved disinfectant to regularly clean hightouch surfaces, such as display tables, on a regular basis. We will be wiping hard surfaces throughout the store to reduce surface contact daily.
Yes. To encourage social distancing, we will limit the capacity of our stores.
Yes. All staff and patrons are required to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times. Please understand that this protects both our staff and other shoppers. If you are unable to wear a mask, please consider shopping at our online stores instead.
Yes, we have shops on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and Poshmark. You can find links and more information on our web site.
Yes! We are accepting donations at our open stores, but our guidelines have changed.
We will be piloting a contactless donation system. Please sort your donations into the following categories: clothing (shoes, bags, belts, scarves, hats included), Media (books, CDs, DVDs, records), Kitchen and Household Decor, Art and Frames, and Jewelry.
Clothing can be bagged in kitchen-sized bags or larger. All other categories are best suited to being boxed—especially if they are fragile or sharp. We will have boxes to sort into if needed.
At this time, we are not accepting any large furniture or any upholstered furniture. Small furniture, furniture that can easily be carried by one person (like chairs or side tables) are acceptable. However, all furniture is subject to approval by our receivers. We hope that in the future we can begin to accept larger pieces of furniture. As always, we do not accept foot baths, humidifiers, air purifiers, bedding, exercise equipment, and undergarments.
We know this is a little extra work and inconvenience, on your end, but it will go a long way to help us keep our stores safe!
As we learn more about COVID-19 our understanding of how long it lives on surfaces has evolved. While the risk of contracting COVID-19 from contaminated surfaces is low, we will do our best to minimize any chance for surface contamination.
We are unable to individually wipe every surface and wash garments, instead, donations will be quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours before being brought to the sales floor.
We will plan to open our fitting room in our South End location only. In accordance with State guidance, all garments will be steamed or quarantined for a period of 24 hours before being returned to the sales floor
Central Square and Jamaica Plain
Fitting rooms in Central Square and Jamaica Plain will remain closed at this time.
All sales are final, but we will provide disposable measuring tapes to help you determine if clothes are a good fit.